BWSR's Conservation Tracking System
All BWSR grants are tracked through eLINK, BWSR's conservation tracking system. BWSR uses eLINK to distribute grant agreements, capture applications and funding requests, and to track grant progress from initial grant award through final closeout.
Access eLINK at https://elink.bwsr.state.mn.us.
eLINK is used by BWSR and its local government, tribal government, and nonprofit grantee partners to track progress on grants, pollution reduction benefits, cumulative grant funding over a period of years, and map locations of projects on a statewide, or on a county, watershed, or individual-project basis.
We do not have a public data portal in eLINK. However, you can access eLINK data at https://gisdata.mn.gov/dataset/env-state-cons-bmp-locs.
- eLINK Training Videos
- Adding Activities and Creating a Work Plan in eLINK: This video guidance demonstrates how to add activities and create a work plan in eLINK. (06:15) (posted March 2, 2023)
- Progress Reporting in eLINK: This guidance video will show you how to complete Activity reporting and submit a Progress Report in eLINK. (09:30) (posted March 2, 2023)
- Completing a Funding Request in eLINK: Creating and Submitting a Funding Request in eLINK. (10:47) (posted March 6, 2023)
- eLINK Cookbook
Managing Grant Activities and Submitting a Work Plan
- Account Setup and Contact Management Guidance
- Setting up an Account: provides basic information for getting started in eLINK.
- Managing Contacts: provides basic instruction for viewing and editing contact and organization information.
- Funding Request Guidance
- Grants Guidance
- eLINK Reporting at a Glance (pdf): (updated February 24, 2023) - This is reference of basic reporting elements that are expected to be entered in eLINK. Additional program reporting details may also be required.
- Flex Spending Across NRBG Allocations: This document provides guidance on reporting activities and spending when flexing spending across BWSR-administered NRBG Allocations (Shoreland, Wetland Conservation Act, and Local Water Management).
- eLINK Overview: highlights some of the features, definitions, and decision-making associated with changes in the new eLINK system.
- Accessing Your Grant Agreement or Amendment : provides guidance on how to access, complete, and submit a grant agreement from BWSR. (updated March 1, 2023)
- Creating a Workplan: outlines the generic steps for creating a workplan for awarded grants – see individual requests for proposals and program policies for specific information. (updated January 2016)
- Managing Activities: provides further detail on how to manage activities as part of workplans and reporting; including adding new activities, editing activities, and funding activities through more than one grant.
- Progress Reporting: provides basic guidance on how to complete a progress report in eLINK. Progress reporting is a means to illustrate achievements and progress made towards grant program goals and to ensure accountability and transparency in the use of State funds.
- Chart of Practices by Activity Category (PDF): chart indicates which practices are available selections under each Activity Category in eLINK. (posted December 13, 2022)
- Activity Categories: provides a description of the categories used in eLINK filter details in the system and create reports where listing of individual activities is not necessary or appropriate outside the system. (updated March 1, 2023)
- Practices: provides a description of practices available for reporting under the Activity Details (updated March 1, 2023)
- Grouping and Splitting Activities: provides guidance on when to group or split projects by Activity or Activity Details in eLINK. (updated March 1, 2023)
- Reporting Nonstructural Land Management Practices (NLMPs): provides guidance on how to report NLMPs where a contract is implemented over multiple years, and where the practice location may change each year. (updated March 1, 2023)
- MinnFARM Reporting Guidance: provides guidance for reporting the Minnesota Feedlot Annualized Runoff Model (MinnFARM) pollution reduction estimates in eLINK.
- Technical Training Guidance
- Technical Training Provides guidance on using the Technical Training features in eLINK.
Video Guidance: Basic User Guidance: This video is recommended for all users of the Technical Training IDP tool, and walks through the steps of viewing Organizational Priorities; entering their own Training Needs, Credentials, and Training History; generating an IDP reporting; and searching through the Profiles feature.
Video Guidance: Manager Role Guidance: This video highlights the additional permissions and responsibilities of the Manager role, including entering Organizational Priorities, and generating an IDP or entering Training Needs, Creentials, and Training History cn behalf of themselves or their staff.