BWSR's Conservation Tracking System
All BWSR grants are tracked through eLINK, BWSR's conservation tracking system. BWSR uses eLINK to distribute grant agreements, capture applications and funding requests, and to track grant progress from initial grant award through final closeout.
If you do not remember your eLINK username, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Account Assistance" and provide your name and the organization under which you were registered, or the organization for which you work.
With eLINK, BWSR, local government partners, and stakeholders in conservation can track conservation projects and grants, indicators and pollution reduction benefits, cumulative grant funding over a period of years, and map locations of projects on a statewide, or on a county, watershed, or individual-project basis.
- eLINK Training Videos
- Developing a Biennial Budget Request (BBR) in eLINK: This seven-minute module demonstrates how to create and submit a Biennial Budget Request in eLINK.
- Linking Activities in eLINK: Seven-minute module describing how to link an activity to multiple grants in eLINK.
- Creating a Work Plan in eLINK: Eight-minute module describing the process for completing a work plan in eLNK.
- Progress Reporting in eLINK: Three-minute module demonstrating the process for submitting a progress report in eLINK.
- Completing a Funding Request in eLINK (updated July 2017): A 12-minute online module describing how to complete a Funding Request (or Application) within eLINK. Note: Funding Requests, formerly called “Applications”, refer to user-submitted requests for competitive and noncompetitive funding.
- Accessing Grant Agreements in eLINK: This module demonstrates how to access grant agreements within eLINK.
- eLINK Guidance
- eLINK Cookbook (pdf): The eLINK Cookbook is a step-by-step guide to managing Activities and completing Progress Reporting in eLINK. (updated November 26, 2018)
- eLINK Reporting at a Glance (pdf): (updated November 2, 2018) - This is reference of basic reporting elements that are expected to be entered in eLINK. Additional program reporting details may also be required.
- Flex Spending Across NRBG Allocations: This document provides guidance on reporting activities and spending when flexing spending across BWSR-administered NRBG Allocations (Shoreland, Wetland Conservation Act, and Local Water Management).
- eLINK Overview: highlights some of the features, definitions, and decision-making associated with changes in the new eLINK system. (posted May 11, 2016)
- Setting up an Account: provides basic information for getting started in eLINK. (posted June 10, 2013)
- Managing Contacts: provides basic instruction for viewing and editing contact and organization information. (posted June 10, 2013)
- Completing a Funding Request (formerly "Apply for a Grant"): outlines the generic steps for creating a funding request; see individual requests for proposals and program policies for specific information. (updated January 31, 2018)
- Accessing Your Grant Agreement or Amendment : provides guidance on how to access, complete, and submit a grant agreement from BWSR. (updated December 4, 2018)
- Creating a Workplan: outlines the generic steps for creating a workplan for awarded grants – see individual requests for proposals and program policies for specific information. (updated January 2016)
- Creating a NPEA Workplan: Provides specific guidance on how to develop the workplan for the Non-Point Engineering Assistance (NPEA) grant. (posted November 30, 2015)
- Creating an SWCD Local Capacity Services Workplan: Provides specific guidance on how to develop the workplan for the SWCD Local Capcaity Services Grant. (posted January 5, 2017)
- Managing Activities: provides further detail on how to manage activities as part of workplans and reporting; including adding new activities, editing activities, and linking activities to more than one grant. (posted May 11, 2016)
- Progress Reporting: provides basic guidance on how to complete a progress report in eLINK. Progress reporting is a means to illustrate achievements and progress made towards grant program goals and to ensure accountability and transparency in the use of State funds. (updated November 2014)
- Chart of Practices by Activity Category (pdf): chart indicates which practices are available selections under each Activity Category in eLINK. (posted April 3, 2017)
- Activity Categories: provides a description of the categories used in eLINK filter details in the system and create reports where listing of individual activities is not necessary or appropriate outside the system. (posted February 4, 2016)
- Practices: provides a description of practices available for reporting under the Activity Details (posted April 3, 2017)
- Grouping and Splitting Activities: provides guidance on when to group or split projects by Activity or Activity Details in eLINK. (posted January 3, 2017)
- MinnFARM Reporting Guidance: provide guidance for reporting the Minnesota Feedlot Annualized Runoff Model (MinnFARM) pollution reduction estimates in eLINK.