The Wisconsin - Minnesota Wetland Functional Assessment Initiative is an effort to develop wetland functional assessment tools that can be used in Wisconsin and Minnesota to assist in wetland regulatory implementation and for other wetland conservation and planning purposes as applicable.
Memorandum of Understanding between Wisconsin DNR and BWSR completed and steering committee of representatives from the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources (BWSR), Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA), Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MDNR), Wisconsin Department of Natural Resource (WDNR), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and St. Paul District Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) formed in fall 2020.
Goals and objectives defined in February 2021 Steering Committee Document No. 1
- Received Wetland Program Development Grant from EPA Region 5 in summer 2021.
- Technical advisory teams for each of 5 functional groups established in summer 2021. An informational webinar for Technical Team members was held on September 21, 2021.
- Consultant (Stantec) hired through RFP bid process in January 2022 to assist with effort.
- Technical advisory team meetings held summer/fall 2022.
- Initial draft tool elements (questions, assessment area procedures, etc.) in development (winter 2022)
This webpage will be used to post draft documents for peer review as they are developed.
Wetland Conservation Act Operations Supervisor
MN Board of Water & Soil Resources
Wetland Mitigation Coordinator –
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources