Prioritize, Target, and Measure Application (PTMApp) is a vision for a state-wide desktop and web application used by practitioners as technical bridge between the strategies in a local water plan and the implementable on-the-ground Best Management Practices (BMPs) and Conservation Practices (CPs). PTMApp consists of an Arc GIS Toolbar application, which is the actual water quality model. PTMApp also includes a web application where you can view standard products developed from the model.
PTMAPP Story Map
This Story Map provides a high-level overview of the program, its purpose, and how it is used.
How PTMApp is supported
BWSR works cooperatively with MNIT@BWSR, the Minnesota Geospatial Office (MNGEO), International Water Institute and Houston Engineering Inc to develop, maintain, and support model development and the web application environment.
Program updates: November 2022
A significant number of updates have been made to PTMApp in 2021 and 2022. Below are a few of those updates:
PTMApp Model Updates:
- Optimized for use in Arc Pro software
- Practices broken down by individual NRCS Practice types instead of the original 6 treatment groups
- Updates to the economics of practices to look at useful life total costs (ULTC) - see recently published paper from the International Water Institute
- Updated PTMApp model manuals on the Theory and Documentation Page
- Updated Travel Time tool from MNIT@DNR posted to the MnGEO Commons (July 2022)
PTMApp Web Application:
- Creation of new watershed data and updates to several existing datasets to the newest version of the PTMApp Model
- New for fall 2022: Updates to Lac qui Parle, Upper Minnesota, and Roseau along with new data for Mississippi River – Winona/La Crescent
- Addition of new Support Layers to the interactive map
- Development of the Scenario Builder tool that takes the user through a step wise process to filter out practices, create reports, and export tabular and GIS datasets
- New videos available on the PTMApp Learning Center site on how to use the web application and Scenario Builder tool
- PTMApp Web Interactive Map Overview - Learn the basics for navigating the interactive map and view new user friend features that have been added in the latest version of the application.
- PTMApp Web Scenario Builder: Part 1 - Discover all the functions of the PTMApp Scenario builder from creating a basic scenario to exporting data and reports.
- PTMApp Web Scenario Builder: Part 2 - This video builds on Part 1 by demonstrating how to modify to default inputs of the Scenario Builder to customize outputs from the application.
- PTMApp Web Scenario Builder: Pivot Table Creation - Learn how to export data from the Scenario Builder module into a .csv file that can be brought into Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables to quickly sort and analyze your conservation practice data.