This is a collection of trainings, replays, and information pertaining to the design, installation, and certification of Water and Sediment Control Basins (CPS638).
General WASCOB Training
- Basic WASCOB – This course is intended for staff that are very new to the WASCOB practice and need to learn terminology design concepts and start to visualize how WASCOBS are laid out in the field.
- WASCOB Design Spreadsheet – These training videos introduce employees to NRCS’S WASCOB Design Spreadsheet. The design spreadsheet can be found on efotg.gov – Minnesota – Section IV – Engineering Tools
- Field Training Webinar- This webinar was originally a prerequisite video presented before a field session (August 2022) in Mower County. This video covers how to prepare for and complete the I&E step and some basics of construction inspection. There’s also a quick demonstration of a preliminary design using LiDAR and EFT-TDT.
- Tables of Riser dimensions for use in a WASCOB Design
- LiDAR based tools for design of WASCOBs in ArcGIS (2013 training) – This training provides an overview and demonstration of the LiDAR tools for the planning and design of WASCOBS in ArcGIS.
- Tech Talk on Tile Design using PS 606/620
EFT – Terrace Design Tool (TDT)
Engineering Field Tools – TDT is an approved tool to design WASCOBs in MN. Following MN PS 638 and PS 606, it will check capacity based on user inputs of survey data, desired dimensions, and proposed alignments for a basin design as well as a tile design.
- TDT Workflow (pdf) - Step by step instructions with screen clips for a WASCOB design.
- TDT Example Report (pdf)
TDT Training Videos (reference TDT Workflow above)
- Basic EFT preferences (19:24)- This video explains how to import preferences, the “why” behind most of the preferences used in EFT in MN and also explains using the MN Configuration.
- TDT Preferences and starting a New Project / Design (10:41) – includes setting preferences for various types of basins and starting a new WASCOB project
- Video on how to export a photo from ArcMap for import into EFT (2:22)
- Video on how to export a LiDAR DEM and contours from ArcMap for Import into EFT (8:11)
- Document listing common TDT errors and ways to resolve them
- Import Survey into TDT (4:24) -
- Draw Alignments for Basins and Tile (9:49)
- Design Narrow-base Basins (54:35)
- Print Reports for a WASCOB Design (16:23)