The RIM Wild Rice Conservation Easement Program protects wild rice lakes through permanent conservation easements on privately owned lands in Minnesota's Northern Forest region. This program is available in the following eleven counties: Aitkin, Becker, Beltrami, Carlton, Cass, Clearwater, Crow Wing, Hubbard, Itasca, St. Louis, and Wadena. BWSR has received this funding through the Outdoor Heritage Fund (from the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment).
SWCD Guidance Materials
This guidance documentation outlines the enrollment criteria and conditions that will govern the sign-up for this RIM Reserve conservation easement program. This guidance should be considered additive to existing RIM policy and procedure.
Landowner Application Materials Required
- Conservation Easement Application Word document (docx)
- Area Assessment Form Word document (docx)
- Copy of aerial photo (clearly showing proposed easement boundary, zoomed to show a full section)
- Shapefile of easement boundary (send to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Wild Rice Conservation Easement Financial Worksheet Excel spreadsheet (xlsx)
- Agreement Information Form Word document (docx)
- W-9 Request for Taxpayer ID Number and Certification (pdf) (IRS)
- Landowner's deed(s) to the property
- Ranking Sheet (pdf)