The Critical Shorelands: Rum River Conservation Easements Program protects sensitive shorelands on privately owned lands in Minnesota's Rum River watershed. This program is available in the following 10 counties: Aitkin, Anoka, Benton, Chisago, Crow Wing, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Sherburne.
SWCD Guidance Materials
This guidance documentation outlines the enrollment criteria and conditions that will govern the sign-up for this RIM Reserve conservation easement program.
Easement Application Materials
- Conservation Easement Application (pdf)
- Area Assessment Form Word document (docx)
- Critical Shorelands Rum River Application Scoresheet Excel spreadsheet (xlsx)
- Copy of aerial photo (clearly showing proposed easement boundary, zoomed to show a full section)
- Shapefile of easement boundary (send to email@example.com)
- Conservation Easement Financial Worksheet Tax Assessed Calculation Excel spreadsheet (xlsm)
- Agreement Information Form Word document (docx)
- W-9 Request for Taxpayer ID Number and Certification (pdf) (IRS)
- Landowner's deed(s) to the property