The Drainage Work Group was first established as a stakeholder group to advise the preparation the Public Drainage Ditch Buffer Study, which was published by BWSR in February 2006. This Study Work Group discussed a range of topics regarding buffer strips and drainage and developed a number of consensus recommendations, which are presented in Section 6 of the study report. In 2006, the Study Work Group agreed to continue to meet as the stakeholder Drainage Work Group (DWG), with continued facilitation provided by the BWSR.
The Drainage Work Group has the following purposes:
- Foster science-based mutual understanding about drainage topics and issues;
- Develop consensus recommendations for drainage system management and related water management, including recommendations for updating Minnesota Statutes Chapter 103E Drainage and related provisions.
Links to More Information
- 2006 Public Drainage Ditch Buffer Study
- 2008 Drainage Records Modernization Guidelines (Updated in 2016)
- Study of Riparian Buffer Areas - Report to the Legislature, required by Minn. Laws 2008 Chapter 88 (posted Feb. 26, 2010)
- Redetermination of Benefits Survey - Presentation by Minnesota River Board Executive Director Shannon Fisher (Sept. 9, 2010)
- Redetermination of Benefits and Damages Brochure, January 2011