CREP is a program within the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), the country’s largest private-land conservation program. Administered by the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA), CREP targets state-identified, high-priority conservation issues. This project is a federal, state, and local partnership and will voluntarily retire environmentally sensitive land using the nationally-recognized ReInvest In Minnesota (RIM) Reserve program. This is accomplished through permanent protection by establishing conservation practices via payments to farmers and agricultural land owners. CREP is implemented locally through Soil and Water Conservation Districts and many other partners.
Click here to go back to the Easements page.
Training & Webinar Information
Training was held on April 18th and 21st, 2017. This training was focused on SWCD and FBAP Staff’s implementation of this program, including details specific to the RIM perpetual easement program.
As we look forward to a future MN CREP signup, additional training sessions will be held. Recordings of these trainings will be posted to this site.
Signup Documents and Supporting Information
Scoresheet examples and the minimum size waiver are linked below.
- CP-21 Scoresheet
- CP-2 Scoresheet
- CP-23a Scoresheet
- CP-23 Scoresheet
- CP-2 & CP-21 Scoresheet Instructions
- CP-23 & CP-23a Scoresheet Instructions
- Minimum Waiver Worksheet
Links to shapefile downloads will be added prior to signup.
- View the web training at the top of this page, which will walk you through program information as well as instructions on how to use the tools and forms needed to complete an application.
- Refreshing the page in your browser solves many website-related issues. You can also force a refresh by holding "Ctrl" and "F5".
- If you have questions, continue to refer to this signup-specific webpage, which will be updated as information is released. Refer to the CREP Overview Webpage for any outreach materials.