This two day training will be at the Cloquet Forestry Center in Carlton County. Participants can sign up for one or both of the days. The content will be regionally customized and is designed for WCA LGUs and TEP members. Space is limited so early registration is encouraged!
Each training day will present on different topics. The first day will focus on the administration of the Wetland Conservation Act (WCA). Tentative topics include:
- Reviewing wetland bank plans
- Exemptions (focus on de minimus, forestry, wildlife habitat)
- A "quick" WCA topics segment discussing local road program project reviews
- WCA enforcement procedures, permitting temporary impacts, and WCA file management for LGUs
The second day will focus on the technical aspects of wetland delineation and how they apply to the administration of the WCA. Tentative topics include:
- Determining the growing season
- Atypical problem areas
- Common hydric soils in NE MN
- Field delineation techniques
Board of Water and Soil Resources
Cloquet Forestry Center
175 University Road
Wetland Delineator Certification Program Continuing Education Credits (WDCP CECs) are listed on the Registration Form. Please note each session’s credits vary.