Skip to content

Dispute Resolution

The Board of Water and Soil Resources hears and settles local government disputes in a number of cases:

Through the Local Water Planning and Management Program, local units of government may ask for a meeting with the chair of the BWSR to informally resolve a dispute regarding a water plan (Minnesota Statutes 103B.345 subd. 2). If they are unable to resolve the dispute, they may officially petition the BWSR for a hearing if:

Watershed district decisions and rules may be appealed to the Board of Water and Soil Resources:

Wetland Conservation Act decisions by local governments regarding replacement plans, exemptions, no-loss determinations, banking plans, public road notifications, or wetland boundary or type decisions can be appealed to the BWSR:

Minnesota Statutes 103G.2242 subd.9

For more information, contact Travis Germundson, (651) 297-4958.

Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources

520 Lafayette Road North, St. Paul, MN 55155 | (651) 296-3767 | Fax (651) 297-5615 | TTY (800) 627-3529

An Equal Opportunity Employer

Valid CSS!