The RIM Wild Rice Conservation Easement Program protects wild rice lakes through permanent conservation easements on privately owned lands. This program is only available in the following eleven counties: Aitkin, Becker, Beltrami, Carlton, Cass, Clearwater, Crow Wing, Hubbard, Itasca, St. Louis, and Wadena. BWSR has received this funding through the Outdoor Heritage Fund (from the Clean Water, Land and Legacy Amendment).
Click here to go back to the Easements page.
2016 Landowner Application Process
SWCD Guidance Materials
This guidance documentation outlines the enrollment criteria and conditions that will govern the sign-up for this RIM Reserve conservation easement program. This guidance should be considered additive to existing RIM policy and procedure.
Landowner Application Materials Required
- Conservation Easement Application
- Area Assessment form
- Copy of aerial photo (clearly showing proposed easement boundary, zoomed to show a full section)
- Shapefile of easement boundary (send to email@example.com)
- Conservation Easement Financial Worksheet
- Agreement Information Form
- W-9 Request for Taxpayer ID Number and Certification (IRS)
- Landowner's deed(s) to the property
- Ranking Sheet
BWSR’s June 2015 Feature on the RIM Wild Rice Program: http://www.bwsr.state.mn.us/news/webnews/june2015/2.pdf