The Erosion Control and Water Management Program, commonly known as the State Cost-Share Program, was created in 1977 to provide funds to Soil and Water Conservation Districts to share the cost of systems or practices for erosion control, sedimentation control, or water quality improvements that are designed to protect and improve soil and water resources. Through the State Cost-Share Program, land occupiers can request financial and technical assistance from their local District for the implementation of conservation practices.
The purpose of this policy is to provide specific requirements for the implementation of funds appropriated to BWSR associated with the Erosion Control and Water Management Program. BWSR's Grants Administration Manual (http://www.bwsr.state.mn.us/grants/manual/) provides the primary framework for local management of all state grants administered by BWSR administration. Exceptions or addition to that framework will be identified in this policy.
Additional forms are available in the BWSR Statewide Grant Administration Manual within the "Implementing Practices" section.
FY17 Policy, Guidance, and Forms
- Erosion Control and Water Management Program Policy (effective July 1, 2016)
- FY17 Erosion Control and Water Management Fact Sheet
- Nonstructural Land Management Practices Implementation Plan
- Cost Share Technical Assistance Option - FY17
FY14-16 Policy, Guidance, and Forms
- Erosion Control and Water Management Program Policy (effective August 29, 2013)
- FY14 & 15 Erosion Control and Water Management Fact Sheet
- Resolution Adopting a County Comprehensive Local Water Management Plan
- Cost Share Technical Assistance Option - FY 2016
To view historical changes to the State Cost Share Program, visit Cost Share Rule and Policy History.
Resources and Links
- Minnesota Statute 103C.501 Cost-Sharing Conservation Contracts for Erosion Control and Water Management
- Minnesota Rule 8400 Cost-Share Program
- Cost Share Rule and Policy History
- BWSR Grants Committee
- Cooperative Weed Management Area Program
- Native Buffer Program
- Grant Reporting Requirements
- Additional SWCD Reporting Requirements