About BWSR Academy
To provide high quality training for local government staff that maintains and improves the delivery of conservation work and meets the shared expectations of BWSR and local resource management boards.
- To provide a systematic training framework allowing LGU staff to improve their performance in delivering local conservation
- To be practical for LGU use
- To be cost-effective for LGUs to attend
- To increase governmental efficiency in delivering BWSR programs
- To use hands-on learning and case studies, when appropriate, to illustrate content
- To promote peer-to-peer learning
- Our first priority is offering training sessions that improve the technical skills and administrative expertise that are useful in implementing BWSR-sponsored programs or those activities that are directly related to BWSR programs.
- Additionally, there will be sessions dedicated to value-added skills as identified by our local government partners. A value-added training may not be commonly available to LGU staff and is not directly related to a BWSR program.
2016 BWSR Academy
October 24-26 - Cragun's Conference Center, Brainerd, MN
2015 BWSR Academy
October 27-29 - Breezy Point Conference Center, Breezy Point, MN
2014 BWSR Academy
October 28-30 - Breezy Point Conference Center, Breezy Point, MN