October 27-29, 2020
Presented using WebEx
The Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources is pleased to announce that registration for the 2020 Online BWSR Academy is now open.
Registration will close at 4:30 PM on October 9. Please note that Academy sessions will not be recorded.
BWSR Academy is a training event for conservation-based local government staff.
- No registration fees in 2020! Things are hard enough these days – we wanted to make something easy.
- Reduced schedule.
- We want to ensure that trainers and attendees have a hassle-free experience, and fewer sessions means we can offer better back up and support.
- We want to avoid headset dents, glazed eyes and numb toes for our attendees, so we are limiting training sessions to the morning.
What’s the same:
- You still need to register by October 9th! This allows us to provide information to our trainers about session size, contact attendees with updates, and provide handouts and other materials prior to Academy.
- High Quality Training: We are working with each trainer make sure attendees have the same interactive training experience they’ve come to expect from Academy. “Hands-on” might look a little different this year – but we’re learning to adapt.
- The Dates! The Academy will still be held October 27-29th. However, sessions will take place in the morning rather than all day.
- Relevant Sessions: Online delivery won’t deter us from offering Academy sessions that are directly applicable to LGU work “back home.” Even if you happen to be “back home” while attending the training.
- Academy Goal: To provide high quality training for local government staff that maintains and improves the delivery of conservation work and meets the shared expectations of BWSR and local resource management boards.
If you will be unable to participate in any of the sessions for which you have registered, please email Carla Swanson-Cullen with your cancellation(s). Thank you.
We hope you’ll join us for the 2020 Online BWSR Academy!